Monday, May 3, 2010

Faux Filet

MOG is it muggy out!! Everyone was miserable at work today. The heat and muggies just came on too fast - ugh! And to make it worse, I had to cook when I got home! I went food shopping on Friday and there was a sale on Black Angus ground beef for $2.79 a pound. I bought two single pound packages and froze one but the other went into the frig. Well, of course I didn't cook it over the weekend because I was scrapping all day Saturday and lazy all day Sunday! If I didn't cook today, I would have had to toss it out.

So I sucked it up and actually turned on the oven when I got home. I made something called "Faux Filets". They are fake filet mignons made with ground beef. Actually very similar to little mini meatloafs wrapped in bacon. You bake them then broil them. They were quite tasty, even if my kitchen ended up being about a zillion degrees! You can find the recipe at one of my favorite recipe sites - www.allrecipes.com

1 comment:

  1. How cool that you just started to blog. I've been blogging for a few years now and am still going strong ... although there are times when I have taken mini breaks.
    I'll be sure to check in often.
    Barb (aka Lucia from BASF)

    ReplyDelete