Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Dumb Again!

Apparently, I should have named this blog "How dumb am I?" or something equivalent!

So... I like eggs. Yesterday I wanted egg salad with my Dunkin Donuts Cheddar Cheese Bagel Twist (YUMMM!!) I saved from the morning. I remembered reading in the Food Network Magazine that the best way to boil the perfect egg was to put the eggs into boiling water, remove them from the heat and let them sit for 8 minutes. Or something like that. So I decide I'm going to try this "fool proof" method. Apparently, it is NOT fool proof!

First of all, I wasn't thinking about how the water would be BOILING hot so when I put the eggs into the water I wasn't able to "gently lower" them without burning my fingers so I sorta "dropped" them and two of four of them cracked enough for egg white to bubble out of the egg but then because of the boiling water, the white congealed to the egg itself. Kinda gross and cool at the same time! But still - cracked eggs!

Also, I'm not one of these people that happens to keep eggs at room temperature. I don't think I know anyone that does. But recipes often call for room temp eggs - hmm...? With the water at a rolling boil I put my VERY cold eggs in - which of course took the water temp down too far. Duh!

I let my four eggs sit in the water for about 20 minutes, not caring if they were overcooked since I was gonna mash them to smithereens in my egg salad anyway. And here's the big surprise - they were barely soft boiled!!! :-(

No egg salad for me... Yeah - I'm kinda dumb... LOL! But the cats enjoyed their runny egg! LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment